CODE OF CONDUCT
(AFL Victoria Regulation 5.1.4 (b))
MANDATORY & ENFORCEABLE CODES OF CONDUCT FOR COACHES, PLAYERS, PARENTS, SUPPORTERS AND OFFICIALS
The Narre South Lions Football Netball Club fully supports the codes of conduct as introduced by the AFL and AFL Victoria.
COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT
Coaches are required to sign the AFL Code of Conduct as part of the Level 1 Accreditation requirement. All coaches must be accredited to coach in our League.
PLAYER’S CODE OF CONDUCT
• Play by the rules – the rules of your club and the laws of the game.
• Never argue with an umpire or other official – without these people, you can’t play football.
• Control your temper – verbal abuse of officials and sledging other players doesn’t help you enjoy or win
• Be a team player – It’s a team game, treat it that way.
• All players are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly, courteous, dignified & respectful
• Co-operate with your coach, committee, the umpires and team-mates.
• Play for your own enjoyment & to improve your skills.
• Don’t use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your coach,
teammates and family if you do – & many such comments are actually now illegal.
PARENTS & SUPPORTERS CODE OF CONDUCT
• Remember that you are there for the participants to enjoy the game.
• Encourage participation, but don’t force it.
• Teach that enjoyment is more important than winning.
• Never ridicule mistakes or losses – supporters are there to support not downgrade.
• Lead by example and respect all players, coaches, umpires, committee members, volunteers and
spectators – physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated.
• Recognise all volunteers who are giving up their valuable time.
• Never publicly criticise umpires – raise personal concerns with club officials in private.
• Don’t use ugly remarks based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your family and
yourself if you do – & many such comments are actually now illegal.
NARRE SOUTH LIONS FOOTBALL & NETBALL CLUB INC.
Strathaird Reserve, Community Parade, Narre Warren South PO BOX 4029, Casey Central Shopping Centre, Narre Warren South VIC 3805
ABN 82 006 009 237 Reg No. A0047426T
By registering our child with the Narre South Lions FNC we agree to abide by these principles. We
support the Club in its undertakings and encourage the Club to take any necessary disciplinary
actions including the suspension and banning where warranted of any players, parents and or
spectators for any breach of this Code of Conduct. Disciplinary action will be decided upon based
on the severity of the breach of the Code. Action taken may include, but not limited to 1.
Warning/Reprimand, 2. Meeting with Committee, 3.Suspension, 4. Alternative Team Placement,
and 5. Expulsion from Club.
Please note that certain activities or offences which do not occur while the player is under the
jurisdiction of the Narre South Lions FNC, but which reasonably may be expected to pose a danger
to the health or safety of Narre South players, or disrupt the club/team environment, may be
subject to disciplinary actions, this includes but not limited to social media sites. Such misconduct
may result in placement in an alternative team or disciplinary action up to & including expulsion.